Visitor Management for Student Safety and Security
Visitor Check-in and Check-out Procedures
Because students are learning virtually during this time, visitors to Fort Belvoir Primary School and Fort Belvoir Upper School are discouraged and limited. All requests will be reviewed by the principal, or designee, on a case-by-case basis. Appointments should be made in advance by contacting:
Visitors must wear face coverings while on school property; disposable masks will be available for essential building visitors who may forget to bring their own.
Staff Visitor Check-in and Check-out Procedures:
- Make an appointment to visit the school, unless it’s an emergency situation. Come to door #1 (bus loop) wearing a face covering. Press the outside door button and wait for the receptionist to answer.
- Tell us the nature of your visit/who you are here to see.
- Complete a health screening questionnaire and a temperature check prior to entering the building. Any visitor responding “yes” to any of the health screening questions or demonstrating a temperature of 100.4° Fahrenheit or greater will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Proceed to the main office. Sign in to our automated visitor management system with a driver’s license, passport., or military ID. The system prints an ID badge that must be displayed on visitor clothing at all times. If you do not have identification, you will not be allowed beyond the main office until you have completed an assisted process verifying your identity. Only authorized visitors will be allowed in the building.
- Check-out in the main office before leaving the school.