Registration Appointment - PRIMARY

Click on the SignUpGenius link to make an appointment to register your child(ren) at FBES Primary

Registration Appointment - UPPER

Click on the SignUpGenius link to make an appointment to register your child(ren) at FBES Upper

What you need to know about school registration

An overview on registering your child in Fairfax County Public Schools

General Registration Forms

This page lists and details the forms necessary during the registration process


How Do I Register My Child For School?

Virginia law, Sections 22.1-254, requires that children who will reach their fifth birthday on or before  September 30, 2017 must be enrolled in Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year unless the  parent or guardian notifies the school in writing that they do not wish the child to attend kindergarten until the 2018-2019 school year. Fairfax County Public Schools enrolls children in grade levels based on their chronological age. For example, students who are 5 on or before September 30, 2017 will be  enrolled in Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year.

STEP 1: Check Your Boundaries 

Students in FCPS are registered at a base school, determined by the boundaries in which they live.  Prior to registering, check your address to determine which school you are zoned for with the FCPS Boundary Locator.

STEP 2: Contact Your Base School

If your base school is determined to be Fort Belvoir Elementary, you may call 703-781-2700 or emailEmail: @email at the Primary School (grades preK-3), or call 571-982-1300 or email Email: @email at the Upper School (grades 4-6) to schedule a registration for the 2017-2018 school year. If there is another language spoken in your home other than orin addition to English, or you are not the biological or legally adoptive parent, call 703-204-6740 to schedule a registration appointment.

STEP 3: Fill Out Your Forms and Gather the Required Documents

Prior to your appointment, please fill out the forms linked below. Make sure they are complete, signed and  dated to ensure a quick and smooth registration process. In addition to the forms, all required documents  must also be submitted for enrollment:

  • Proof of residency (current lease or deed as well as two current bills for that address)
  • A physical that is less than one year old
  • Immunization records
  • Original birth certificate

Additional Forms (if applicable):

If your child has medication to keep in the school health room, please review the School Health Services website and have your physician fill out the necessary form below.

Information for Homeless Families

Ensuring that all students have the resources necessary to obtain a successful education.

School Health Services

Important Health Authorization Forms including Epipen and Inhaler Authorization forms can be found here.